You must be logged in to rate content!
2 minute read
85-87 AUDI 5000 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove shift knob by unscrewing counter clockwise
2. unclip the 4 plastic tabs that hold the shift boot frame on to the console and slide assembly off shifter r
3. remove the rubber ring from underneath the boot using a small screwdriver, then remove the plastic frame
4. turning the boot inside out, unscrew the two plastic pieces from one another
5. place the new boot on the plastic frame, making sure the seams are aligned, then pull the new boot over the edge and firmly seat the rubber ring
6. turn the new boot inside out and screw the two plastic pieces back together. Snug, but not overly tight
7. reclip the shift boot frame onto the console and install your shift knob
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.