You must be logged in to rate content!
DOOR PULL COVER INSTALL
1. The items you will need are: 3M super 77 spray adhesive, some clothes pins, scissors, and a small trim tool or other piece thin plastic for tucking the fabric and removing the trim pieces.
2. Here is the door handle. Start at the bottom and work your way up.
3. This is what the clips look like. So all you need to do is pull the handle off.
4. Here we have the fabric laid out next to the door trim. I put everything on cardboard so I would have a clean work surface to start.
5. Test fitting the Redline Fabric onto the door trim.
6. Here I had to work quickly because of how quick the spray glue dries. Spray the back of the fabric and the face of the door trim. Then center the fabric over the door trim and pull tight. Pull the edge of the fabric over the edge of the piece.
7. Then use the clothes pins to hold the edges in place while the glue dries. The can says the glue dries in 30 seconds. I gave each piece 10-15 minutes before I removed the clothes pins. If you have some edges that are not staying down, you could spray a brush with the glue and brush it on the edge of the fabric , then reapply the clothes pin. Contact cement would work here as well.
8. Ensure the fabric goes around the clips. Trim the excess fabric off the edges so it does not bunch up behind the trim piece.
9. Install is opposite of the removal. Start at the top of the piece and work your way down making sure all of the clips are lined up. Now go back with your trim tool and tuck in any excess fabric that sticks out. Repeat for the other side. Now stand back and admire your work!
Powered by Froala Editor