2 minute read
You must be logged in to rate content!
68-82 CORVETTE Shift Boot INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove 4 phillips screws at the corners of the shift plate.
2. Use a 1/16" allen wrench to loosen the set screws holding the Astro Vent knobs in place. It is not neccesary to remove the said screws completely. Put the knobs and screws in a safe place.
3. To remove the shift knob, simply unscrew counterclockwise.
4. Pull the reverse actuator straight up, be careful not to lose the spring.
5. Remove the light from the ashtray lighter by squeezing the sides together gently.
6. Pull the power feed straight off of the lighter. (On some cars, it may be necessary to unscrew the lighter assembly to remove the grounding ring).
7. Lift the shift plate out of the car, remove the 4 small screws holding the shift boot on, and pull the shift boot off.
8. Turn the new boot inside out, pull it over the shift plate, and pull the collar over it.
9. On some vehicles, it may be neccessary to remove the 4 screws holding the ashtray in place to get the shift boot over the shift plate. Replace the ashtray as soon as the boot is installed.
10. Reinstall the 4 screws hold ing the boot and collar on.
11. Congratulations! Your new shift boot is installed. To reinstall the shift plate, simply reverse steps 1-6.
CONGRATULATIONS - YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED YOUR NEW LEATHER BOOTS!
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.
Powered by Froala Editor