3 minute read
You must be logged in to rate content!
97-04 CORVETTE (C5) ARM REST COVER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Open armrest lid. Remove the 4 screws holding the lid to the hinge.
2. Remove the 7 screws holding the top part of the lid to the bottom one (5 big ones around the perimeter of the lid and 2 next to the latch).
3. The top of the lid will fall free. Stretch the leather cover on it, making sure it's even and straight in all places.
4. Reinstall in reverse order of removing.
Remove the handle retaining screw visible upon raising the ebrake. Slide the handle and boot off the e-brake lever. Cut the OEM e-brake grip away from the plastic grip holder.
2. Slide the RedlineGoods leather grip over the e-brake grip holder so that one of the seams follows the indentation on one side of the grip holder. Apply a small amount of contact cement or epoxy-based glue to the inside of the back end of the leather grip. Secure with a rubber band. Apply a small amount of glue to the inside of the exposed end of the leather grip. Fold the exposed tabs inward and hold in place with clamps or a wedge until the glue dries.
Easy! Just wrap the cover around a respective element and squeeze velcro together. Keep in mind these remarks:
- the door pull covers are different left and right, both are meant to be installed with the top edge (after you close the velcro) pointing DOWN - this way you won't see the edge while in the car.
- the passenger handle should have top edge facing AWAY from the driver.
- skin contracts in cold ambient. During winter install indoors or, if impossible, keep indoors until they reach room temperature then quickly install before they get cold again. Warming with a heater, blow-dryer or any other way WILL void your warranty if damages to leather occur. RedlineGoods advises AGAINST such techniques. And if they catch on fire from overexposure to heat and your house or garage burns, we will not be held liable either. :)
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.
Powered by Froala Editor