You must be logged in to rate content!
3 minute read
C5 AIRBAG PIPING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. The air bag area in the C5 Corvette.
2. Make 6 cuts at the corners, to make it easier for the piping to go around the corners.
3. Any sharp knife will do just fine.
4. The starting end of your piping should be cut at an angle to butt against the finishing end.
5. Same with the finishing end, the ends have to meet up at the same angle.
6. Use a small flat head screwdriver and finger pressure to insert the tail of the piping into the opening. Work it along making sure you do not scratch the air bag area.
7. The cuts in the corners will help the piping to adjust better around the curvatures.
8. A good idea would be to cut the finishing end with some extra, then cut it precisely once you have almost all of the piping installed.
9. Push the piping well into the groove of the airbag cover to make it sit there nice and flush.
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.