2 minute read
You must be logged in to rate content!
CORVETTE C6 ARMREST COVER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove the armrest from the car by unscrewing it at the hinges. Separate the lower and upper halves by unscrewing philips screws visible on the underside after placing armrest on a working table.
2. If you bought an extra padded version, install padding now. Glue the armrest itself, and glue the padding to the armrest to prevent it from moving around during installation. Then trim off the excess foam.
3. Be extra careful about the dip in the right hand side. Cover it with glue very carefully since the bond there needs to be very good
4. Put glue on the edges of the cover carefully.
5. Align the armrest inside the cover.
6. Put glue on edges of armrest cover.
7. Pressing down on the armrest, to compress the foam, pull the leather and glue it around the edges. Start with the front, do the rear next, and the sides last.
8. Make small cuts in the cover around the dip to allow leather to align around this concave curvature well. Stretch and glue around the edge of the dip.
9. Trim off th excess fabric where it overlaps.
10. Clamps will be helpful in keeping the armrest in place during installation.
11. After the glue has settled (check glue container for directions and necessary setting time designation), reassemble the armrest.
12. This is what the armrest is like before you put it in the car. If you opted for the padded version, notice the unmistakable extra comfort! :)
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.
Powered by Froala Editor