You must be logged in to rate content!
3 minute read
JEEP PATRIOT/COMPASS & DODGE CALIBER SHIFT BOOT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove the shift nob by simply pulling straight up. This will take a decent amount of force.
2. Remove the rubber shift boot and the plastic surrounding it together. The plastic piece is held in by two clips at the bottom. Pull on the bottom of it to pop those out and then the top will slide out.
3. Slide the shift boot and plastic piece off of the shift lever.
4. Remove the rubber shift boot from the plastic piece by flipping it over and pushing in the tabs holding them together.
5. Keep the rubber shift boot, the leather will just fit over top of it. Determine which way the leather fits on the rubber boot. Because the bottom of the rubber boot is angled, it will fit better one way than the other.
6. Set the leather boot on top of the rubber boot.
7. Slowly begin to put the rubber boot back onto the plastic piece, tucking the leather under the rubber as you go. It is easiest to start at one corner and work your way around.
8. Be patient and only work a small area at a time.
9. Put the boots and plastic piece back into place the same way they were removed. Slide the shift nob back on and you're done!