You must be logged in to rate content!
3 minute read
Modification: Short Tube Exhaust Header
Compliments of 03neonRT @ dodgeforum.com
Manufacturers: Borla, Mopar, Pacesetter, OBX.
Price Range: $50.00-$300.00
Difficulty of Installation (1 as easiest 10 as most difficult): 2
Time For Installation: 1 hour-2 hours
Expected Gains (in WHP): 1-2whp
Explanation of Mod: Basically a standard SOHC replacement part allowing slightly more airflow out of the cylinder head. The Magnum exhaust header is equivalent in performance and build quality to the Borla header while the Pacesetter and OBX are of lesser quality in both areas.
1. Disconnect negative cable from battery.
2. Raise vehicle on hoist.
3. Remove bolt attaching the wire harness heat shield to the exhaust manifold support bracket.
4. Remove exhaust manifold support bracket.
5. Remove fasteners attaching exhaust system flex joint to exhaust manifold flange. Move exhaust system rearward to clear flange studs.
6. Lower vehicle.
7. Disconnect make-up air hose from rear of cylinder head cover.
8. Disconnect oxygen sensor connector and harness clip.
9. Remove heat shield attaching bolts.
10. Remove upper heat shield for access to manifold bolts.
11. Remove exhaust manifold bolts.
12. Remove exhaust manifold from top of vehicle, between the cylinder head and cowl.
1. Position exhaust manifold and gasket in place.
2. Install exhaust manifold bolts and tighten in sequence shown to 200 in. lbs..
3. Position lower and upper heat shield on exhaust manifold. Install heat shield bolts and tighten to 11 Nm (95 in. lbs.).
4. Connect oxygen sensor electrical connector and harness clip.
5. Connect make-up air hose on cylinder head cover port.
6. Raise vehicle.
7. Install new flex joint to manifold flange gasket.
8. Attach exhaust system to manifold flange and tighten fasteners to 250 in. lbs..
9. Install exhaust manifold support bracket and tighten fasteners.
10. Install bolt attaching wire harness heat shield to support bracket.
11. Lower vehicle.
12. Connect negative cable to battery.