You must be logged in to rate content!
3 minute read
03-06 VIPER SHIFT BOOT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. First you will need to remove the 6 hex nuts from around the bezel and remove it.
2. Then you need to pull up the console on all sides it doesn’t take much to pull it up start under the shifter boot area . The console is attached by power cords under the window switches and cigarette lighter I will show how to take them off next.
3. Be gentle with it but pull it firmly it will disengage the latches that hold it together.
4. Next unscrew the shifter with a wrench.
5. You will need to unplug the power cords to the window switches. There are little plastic tabs on each one that must be pressed in so that you can pull down to remove the plugs. The plastic tabs are on the side facing the front of the car.
6. Now the console will still be attached by the power cord to the cigarette lighter but you don’t have to unplug it just for reference below is a picture of the power cord
7. Now you need to undo the screws holding on the E-brake boot which are pointed to by the red arrows with a wrench.
8. Next pull the staples off old shifter boots...
9. ...and align new boots with the holes on the plastic rings and staple them on.
Now place the E-brake back on the console and put the screws back on pop in the window switches power plugs and push the console back on. Next pull the shifter through the new boot and screw and tighten the shifter back down. Then finally put the bezel back on and put screws back in and your done.
ENJOY YOUR NEW LEATHER BOOTS!
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.