You must be logged in to rate content!
4 minute read
DOOR ARMREST COVERS Prelude 97-01
1. Remove speaker cover by pulling on the corner shown in the picture
2. The red circled screws hold the speaker in. The yellow screws hold the door panel on to the door.
3. Remove the screw from the door pocket.
4. Remove screw from door handle/lock area.
5. Remove black push fastener circled in red.
6. Remove the cover with something small and flat.
7. That's everything on the outside holding the panel on to the door. Use something wide and flat at the bottom of the door panel where it meets the door to pop the panel out of the clips holding it to the door. There's about 4 clips holding the panel to the door (one near each corner). You can also grab where the speaker used to be and pull on that area to start the removal.
*SH Only - Remove the plug from the courtesy light.
8. Once the panel is removed from the clips, lift the panel upward to seperate it from the door. Harnesses will still be plugged into the panel at this point. Looking down from the top of the panel, push the plastic clip holding the rod to release it from the interior handle.
9. There will be 4 harnesses to unplug. 2 from the interior handle
10. and 2 from the window.
11. The panel will now be free from the door. On the underside of the arm rest you will see metal clips that you will have to bend straight to remove the arm rest from the door panel.
To apply your new leather arm rest cover, I recommend using a high tack spray adhesive to spray on to the original arm rest. Apply the new leather cover on top of the arm rest and press firmly to smooth any wrinkles. Spray the backside of the arm rest with the adhesive and fold over the leather cover and press firmly around the edges. Follow directions on can for drying time. Reverse directions to re-install everything.Passenger side is identical.
ENJOY YOUR NEW LEATHER BOOTS!
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.