You must be logged in to rate content!
3 minute read
JAGUAR X-TYPE SHIFT BOOT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Unscrew the shift knob (lefty loosey), it’s quite tight but will unscrew.
2. Open the ashtray and gently pull the plastic shift boot frame from the center console at the 4 attachment points are shown below. Lift the front of the surround off, then slide your fingers back and lift the back of the surround off.
3. Pull the boot up over the shift lever (inside out) and cut the plastic tie wrap holding the boot to the lever.
4. Snip the staples holding the boot between the inner and outer frame.
5. Insert inner frame inside shift boot
6. Set boot and inner frame into outer frame and re-staple from the bottom, then bend staple prongs over (I recommend a backboard to staple against – even into – which can then be removed so you can bend the prongs over). Alternatively, you could drill some holes through both pieces and pop-rivet them together.
7. Insert boot and frame over shift lever – the sewn-in elastic band replaces plastic tie wrap – and snap in place on console.
8. Reinstall shift knob (righty tighty) and enjoy the new boot!.
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.