You must be logged in to rate content!
3 minute read
62-80 MG B SHIFT BOOT/E-BRAKE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Loosen jam nut and unscrew shift knob.
2. Remove four screws holding down shifter bezel.
3. Remove original shift boot.
4. Slide new shift boot over shifter.
5. Reinstall shift boot bezel and screws. Reinstall shift knob and jam nut.
6. Remove passenger seat by first sliding seat back and removing front two bolts.
7. Then slide seat forward and remove two rear bolts.
8. Then lift vehicle and place on jack stands.
9. Remove parking brake adjustment nut and remove cable from parking brake mechanism.
10. Remove three screws from parking brake handle. Remove handle from car.
11. Install boot on handle and reinstall in car. Reconnect cable to parking brake handle and lower vehicle. Reinstall seat.
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.
Redline Automotive Accessories Corp. will not be held liable for any labor, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. Proceed at your own risk.